Econoburn Boiler low prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Singed Eyebrows

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2009
Midwest
Anyone seen the new Econoburns on Ebay. The prices seem really cheap & the seller has 100 percent good feedback. The 100 is $4495 & 150 $4995. I checked into Econoburn before my Atmos & they were around 7 I believe along with WG, Randy

Wow-- that is a heck of a price!

pybyr said:
The 100 is only $1000.00 more than my Atmos that I got a great deal on & at 1400 lbs compared to 1000 quite a bit more boiler, Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:
pybyr said:
The 100 is only $1000.00 more than my Atmos that I got a great deal on & at 1400 lbs compared to 1000 quite a bit more boiler, Randy

I have an EBW 150, and wish I'd gotten it for this sort of price-- though at the time I ordered it (mid-summer 2008) boilers were flying out of vendors stock (Tarm was backordered 5 months out into the future), so it wasn't exactly a buyer's market at that point.

Every part I've examined of my EBW 150 emanates robust design and construction- and it works really well, especially this second season when I have a better knack with it and also have better wood.

pybyr said:
Singed Eyebrows said:
pybyr said:

I have an EBW 150, and wish I'd gotten it for this sort of price-- though at the time I ordered it (mid-summer 2008) boilers were flying out of vendors stock (Tarm was backordered 5 months out into the future), so it wasn't exactly a buyer's market at that point.

Every part I've examined of my EBW 150 emanates robust design and construction- and it works really well, especially this second season when I have a better knack with it and also have better wood.
They must be a distributer, I don't think a dealer could sell for that price. There are also multiple quantities available & they say that they will sell other Econoburns for similar discounted prices. The people that need an ASME boiler might be able to get quite a deal on one. My Atmos is a great boiler, it is lacking a firetube design though & it won't last as long as the much heavier EB, Randy

Exceptional price---would have been my storage $$$$ !! E.W. --if you have not found it already, just search for Econoburn wood boiler.

NNNY, thanks, I found the site. That is a good price, have to check the shipping to the East Coast of Canada.

Earl

They claim they also have great shipping prices. Just search "wood boiler" & scroll down. You will find them. I normally search by "highest price first" & get all the valves etc out of the way, Randy

That Auction is being put on by Aqua-Therm in MN. they seem to have entered into an agreement to distribute Econoburn products. I contacted them about an EB200 and it was $6300 plus shipping $400 to Sumas Wash.

I noticed a similar price drop for the New Horizon product lines as well. Maybe something is going on? Perhaps a price war brought on by the 2 major Orlan Eko distributors? Hopefully it's a price correction. You have to kind of wonder when the price from Kotly.com last fall was half what they were charging over here.

gorbull said:
That Auction is being put on by Aqua-Therm in MN. they seem to have entered into an agreement to distribute Econoburn products. I contacted them about an EB200 and it was $6300 plus shipping $400 to Sumas Wash.

I noticed a similar price drop for the New Horizon product lines as well. Maybe something is going on? Perhaps a price war brought on by the 2 major Orlan Eko distributors? Hopefully it's a price correction. You have to kind of wonder when the price from Kotly.com last fall was half what they were charging over here.
They said the shipping prices were low. That's a heavy boiler to ship from MN to WA for $400.00. There sure does seem to be some kind of shakeup, Randy

It's about time Woodgun and Econoburn lower their prices. I got an Eko 25 for 4700 plus 279 for shipping through Ahona. Just before I bought it I called one last time to Econoburn and they told me 7k plus 500 shipping plus 400 state tax so @ 7900 and 7k for the woodgun I said no way, I will buy a foreign boiler. There is no reason Eko can ship it all the way from Poland for 2400 less than Woodgun and 3400 less than Econoburn even after import duties and the way steel went down the last year. I was pissed. They just take advantage of guys like us because they know we are fanatics about guying American. Also, Eko dropped the price in the fall a bit and then I sent the check to AHONA. They were real good to deal with, Thanks Mark! P.S. and like my signature says, still too much when it was all said and done.

ihookem said:
It's about time Woodgun and Econoburn lower their prices. I got an Eko 25 for 4700 plus 279 for shipping through Ahona. Just before I bought it I called one last time to Econoburn and they told me 7k plus 500 shipping plus 400 state tax so @ 7900 and 7k for the woodgun I said no way, I will buy a foreign boiler. There is no reason Eko can ship it all the way from Poland for 2400 less than Woodgun and 3400 less than Econoburn even after import duties and the way steel went down the last year. I was pissed. They just take advantage of guys like us because they know we are fanatics about guying American. Also, Eko dropped the price in the fall a bit and then I sent the check to AHONA. They were real good to deal with, Thanks Mark! P.S. and like my signature says, still too much when it was all said and done.
What drove up the cost of your install so much. It appears this was almost $5,000 past the cost of the boiler. Did you pay to have this put in? I always thought WG & the rest of them(USA boilers) were gouging. One thing is for sure, when you can buy a quality USA made boiler for $4495 the rest are going to need to rethink their pricing structure, Randy

I wouldn't get too excited that this represents some major shake up in the industry or any company's pricing policy. Much more likely, I would suggest, is that someone finds themselves with too many boilers in stock going into the slowest part of the year. Cash flow is king.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the company in MN? I E-mailed them about the shipping costs to my location on the East Coast of Canada and they quoted me $700 US which considering the distance seems reasonable.
Thanks;

Earl

E.W. said:
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the company in MN? I E-mailed them about the shipping costs to my location on the East Coast of Canada and they quoted me $700 US which considering the distance seems reasonable.
Thanks;

Earl
Earl; I haven't had any dealings with them. What I do know is that you can pay with Paypal & if you are not shipped a brand new boiler they will refund your money. For a seller like myself on Ebay Paypal can be a little risky at times. For a buyer it is good insurance. I've shipped a bunch of heavy machines to California & the $700 seems cheap, Randy

Singed eyebrows, What drove the price up was
3500 woodsstove after federal rebate
1760 insulated pex !4 dollars for 125 ft
300 for the shed
2200 for plumbing parts
170 anti freeze
1060 labor from heating man @ 45 dollars per hr.
A few other things and Whalla lots of money in a short time. The 1760 for the 125' was a killer
200 for trencher rental.

Randy,yes PayPal offers some protection when buying. I checked the BBB site and they have Aqua-Therm listed with an "A" rating.Seems legit,I'll give the company a call tomorrow.

Earl

I bought my Econoburn 150 from the near by Aquatherm dealer. During my install I talked to the Econoburn Factory and he mentioned that when Aquatherm was sold out of stock they would no longer handle them. Looks like they lowered price to clear them out.

My 150 works great.

Aqua-Therm has made and sold owb for many yrs. I know the local dealer and have talked to him about their products. Aqua-Therm also tried to come out with a gassifier, they had it in testing and even had literature for it. I was very interested as this was about the same time the e-classic came out. I think Aqua-Therm couldn't get the bugs worked out of their product so they dropped it and picked up the Econoburn line. I think they are a good company. There was a message today on my answering machine from them quoting me the same prices as on ebay.
Doug

greg in MN said:
I bought my Econoburn 150 from the near by Aquatherm dealer. During my install I talked to the Econoburn Factory and he mentioned that when Aquatherm was sold out of stock they would no longer handle them. Looks like they lowered price to clear them out.

My 150 works great.
Greg; The only thing that is puzzling is that they will quote big discounts on any EB boiler & I'm assuming they don't stock all the boilers. Maybe I'm wrong though. For the time being though it's a hellofa deal, Randy

If patience is one of your vertues...I watched E-Bay for 13 months and finally bought my EKO 40 Super for $4950 delivered. I smiled the whole time ...It was a great company to work with during and after the sale. I think one reason was it was during the off season. I really don`t want to mention there name here because I have not seen them that cheap again.

At these prices, if someone is looking for an Econoburn, NOW is the time to buy.....

NNYorker said:
At these prices, if someone is looking for an Econoburn, NOW is the time to buy.....
Yes, I think the China cast iron sectional is $4000.00. Not saying this is a bad boiler, to compare this to an EB gasser though? The EB's just seem to be sitting there on Ebay, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.