Econoburn Controller Programming Instructions (Primary Circ Temp)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MickMorley

Jan 22, 2018
Jackson Co, WV
Does anyone have the instructions on how to increase the primary circulator cutover temperature? It's set to the default 150 degrees right now and I want to increase it to charge my storage. I've been without storage until now.

Here is my controller. I don't see any place where it could possibly be re-programmed.

pics_install08.jpg

Watching...
I just manually set it to 200 after i load.
Sometimes i forget and it messes up my charging routine.

How do you manually set it?
Watching...
I just manually set it to 200 after i load.
Sometimes i forget and it messes up my charging routine.
How do you manually set it?

This would the temperature where the near circ turns off and the primary circ turns on, It does this at 150 degrees and if it drops below 145 degrees the near boiler circ turns back on and the primary turns off.

I do not see a way to change it, I am told there are programming instructions for this.

I meant the high limit.
I beilive i have my near boiler pump on an aquastat

Thank you @airlina! I will give it a try tomorrow!

I've consolidated it a bit for easy viewing.

To Enter Program Mode:​

1. Press Up and Enter together, Actual display will flash Pro.
  2. Press Down and Enter together, Actual display will change to solid Pro.
  3. Press Up and Down together and Programming mode is entered.
    • Any incorrect sequence, or no keys for a few seconds will return the display back to water temperature and fan speed
MenuDescriptionHysteresisTop DisplyBottom Display – Default ValueAvailable Range of Values
1 - Setting ºF or ºCSets display between ºF or ºCN/AP-ºF(F or C)
2 - Primary Pump Set PointAbove sets: Primary pump is on and Near Boiler pump is off5P-P150(50-200)
3 - Alarm Set PointAbove sets: Alarm is on, Buzzer is on, display flashes, Fan is off (no pulse), and Primary Circulator is on20P-A200(50-230)
4 - Setting Stack Off PointBelow sets: All outputs are off, On leaves system running10+TBD DelayP-S100On, 50-220
5 - Setting Delay TimeDelay between high speed fan pulses when water at or above set point in minutesN/AP-d151-30
6 - Setting Pulse TimeOn time of high speed fan pulses when water at or above set point in secondsN/AP-o151-60

In program mode up and down arrows will adjust the Setting value within the range given in 5 deg steps (except for delay and pulse menus). Enter proceeds to the next menu. To exit the user enters through all six menus. The program is saved after the last menu is exited. This allows the user to abort programming by cycling power before program completion. However programming must be completed to save the program. No key presses for several seconds during programming will abort the program and the controller will revert to normal Fan setting mode and use previously saved parameters and ignore any new settings.