Econoburn fan controls issue -

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if someone can tell me how and why the name of this post got changed? It's not the name I gave it when I started it.

If you have enough smoke to choke you and for you to be concerned about your health, an ionizing bulb isn't going to take care of the problem. It will only eliminate about enough smoke that is slightly more than the odor. It works for me because my smoke situation is minimal and would not describe it as you have your situation. It would help reduce the smoke odor in the house but would not fix the problem you are facing.

The bulbs are relatively new to the market, probably 10 years. There are different technologies. One produces ozone, which I would prefer because I had an ozone air cleaner for several years 'til the fan went, but there is talk that ozone could be detrimental to your health. I chose the other technology which is ionization. Both are available on Amazon.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.