Ecoteck Stoves and Pellets on the way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecoteck said:
@jackiec
If you're still interesting in finding out how people feel about their Ecotecks,
please feel free to call our office and I'm sure we can get you in touch with
a few people that have installed the units in their homes.
1-866-361-7355

Yes, I am still interested in finding a pellet insert that is reliable. Is there any way that you can get some of the owners to post here? Also, do you stock all parts in the USA?

Yes, I am still interested in finding a pellet insert that is reliable. Is there any way that you can get some of the owners to post here? Also, do you stock all parts in the USA?
Does Ecoteck have an fireplace insert? I didnt see one on the web site unless that last one is both an insert and a freestanding. Is that the case or am I missing something?

weatherguy said:
Does Ecoteck have an fireplace insert? I didnt see one on the web site unless that last one is both an insert and a freestanding. Is that the case or am I missing something?

Yes they have 2 pellet inserts. I have a brochure from Ecoteck. SARA, 32,500 btu and ALESSIA, 38,000 btu.
Price given to me was the same, $4,100-----but I do not remember if that included install or not. Efficiency stated is 84% for both. Hopper cap. is only 33lbs. for both.

Yes they have 2 pellet inserts. I have a brochure from Ecoteck. SARA, 32,500 btu and ALESSIA, 38,000 btu.
Price given to me was the same, $4,100-----but I do not remember if that included install or not. Efficiency stated is 84% for both. Hopper cap. is only 33lbs. for both.

They're nice stoves, I wonder if US companies have plans in the works for more contemporary styles.
Thanks for the info.

jackiec said:
I have sent out a notice to our Reps and Dealers asking them for some of their customers feedback on the units.
Once I have a few of these I plan on adding them to the site, along with a photo of their installed unit.
There is going to be a new gallery added to the site with a MASSIVE site wide overhaul sometime around July.
That's of everything goes as planned. :)

weatherguy said:
Yes, Ecoteck manufacture a pellet stove insert. However they will not be imported into North America until 2010.

doghouse said:
My Euro/Dollar conversion calculator has the Ecotech 'Genova' pellet stove at $8432.00 US. Ouch!
Actually the units will not cost that much. Because we the importing the pellet stoves in massive quantities we can keep that cost down.

Ecoteck said:
jackiec said:
I have sent out a notice to our Reps and Dealers asking them for some of their customers feedback on the units.
Once I have a few of these I plan on adding them to the site, along with a photo of their installed unit.
There is going to be a new gallery added to the site with a MASSIVE site wide overhaul sometime around July.
That's of everything goes as planned. :)

weatherguy said:
Yes, Ecoteck manufacture a pellet stove insert. However they will not be imported into North America until 2010.

doghouse said:
My Euro/Dollar conversion calculator has the Ecotech 'Genova' pellet stove at $8432.00 US. Ouch!
Actually the units will not cost that much. Because we the importing the pellet stoves in massive quantities we can keep that cost down.
You better think about importing some cheap pellets too to go with that rather high priced Genova stove. Just how massive are the quantities required to reduce it from $8K? And where are the parts going to come from when it breaks down and who`s gonna fix it ? I think we got enough problems getting service for the ones made here let alone the ones coming from Italia.

Here`s a sales pitch line I found from an Ecotech ad : "Wood pellets are an extremely cheap " and...........

doghouse said:
You better think about importing some cheap pellets too to go with that rather high priced Genova stove. Just how massive are the quantities required to reduce it from $8K? And where are the parts going to come from when it breaks down and who`s gonna fix it ? I think we got enough problems getting service for the ones made here let alone the ones coming from Italia.

Here`s a sales pitch line I found from an Ecotech ad : "Wood pellets are an extremely cheap " and...........

Hello Gio,
The price of 8K that was converted is based off of the Euro resale price.
Since the stoves are coming directly from the Italian factory and going out to the North American dealers the
pricing is kept much lower.
But then again, I really don't know how the Genova will compare to other Hydronic Pellet Stoves on the market
since I have yet to see any in North America. If you know of any please let me know.

As for spare parts, replacement parts, warranty parts, for any and all units, we have all those items in stock and can
be sent to the dealer that sold the unit so they may do the repair.

As for the "sales pitch" I'm not really sure what you are asking. The line that is being partly quoting has a finishing statement that
goes on to say "... and versatile, granular solid fuel and are revolutionising the way we generate heat from natural, non polluting materials like wood."

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions please feel free to call us.

Ecoteck said:
doghouse said:

Hello Gio,
The price of 8K that was converted is based off of the Euro resale price.
Since the stoves are coming directly from the Italian factory and going out to the North American dealers the
pricing is kept much lower.
But then again, I really don't know how the Genova will compare to other Hydronic Pellet Stoves on the market
since I have yet to see any in North America. If you know of any please let me know.

As for spare parts, replacement parts, warranty parts, for any and all units, we have all those items in stock and can
be sent to the dealer that sold the unit so they may do the repair.

As for the "sales pitch" I'm not really sure what you are asking. The line that is being partly quoting has a finishing statement that
goes on to say "... and versatile, granular solid fuel and are revolutionising the way we generate heat from natural, non polluting materials like wood."

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions please feel free to call us.

I left off the finished part of that statement soley because it had no bearing on the first part that claims " wood pellets are extremely cheap"... and as you could see I did not close that sentence since there was more. My point is that pellets are not cheap let alone extremely cheap and probably won`t ever be again. Pellet costs have indeed changed the dynamics of the pellet stove industry.
My other points were that the Ecotechs across the board look to be markedly more costly than domestic stoves and right now no one knows for sure if they are superior in any way , how trouble free they really are , if the parts are readily available , reasonably priced , or specialized to such degree that any stove maintenance will require professional service . We do know that many parts for most domestic stoves are available, cross referenced and or interchangeable , some reasonably priced , and these better known and proven stoves lend themselves to owner/user serviceability.

Looking back at my post I know it might sound a bit critical but only in the context of seeing another expensive "Euopean " (overtones of superiority) product in this case a pellet stove being introduced along with the price of pellets not exactly ringing true to the sales hype. That just causes me to react with raised eyebrows.
Hopefully the Ecotechs will prove themselves in many ways and I suppose time will tell.

Please be careful of commercial pitches and claims on the forum.

The forum is not, in general, the place for manufacturers and importers to announce availability, products and other such news.

We have a free Press Release section for that....and, of course, paid sponsorships and advertising. The forums are for people helping people.

I don't mind if something slips in now and then, but manufacturers touting their own products......if that was allowed on a constant basis, it would fill the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.