Edit: Found a collar ...Connecting Englander 17 to stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curlymurt

Dec 16, 2016
Indianapolis, IN
Sorry for the super newbie question, but I couldn't find any threads about this... I bought the Englander 17 (1200sft) that you can get at Lowes, Homedepot, Ace, Tractor supply, etc for cheap. This is a completely new install of chimney, hearth, etc.

I'm new to installing these, so the simplest part of the install is actually the most confusing for me. I have the supervent/Selkirk piping from Menards for the stove pipe and chimney. What in the world do I use to connect the double wall stove pipe to the top of the stove? The ONLY reason I ask, is because the telescopic double wall pipe (the sticker points up and says up, so I know it's in the correct orientation) has 3 screw holes on the bottom but the stove has 4 predrilled holes. Do I just drill different holes into the stove pipe so it connects using 4 screws?

Edit: I found a collar adapter to use

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.