EF2 owners info requested

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

South of Boston

Hearth Supporter
Dec 6, 2008
I was hoping to get some input from EF2 users and what kind of pellets you are or have burned in th epast?
Last year was my first year burning and used mostly hardwood. I thought I read that HW were recommended in the manual or from the dealer.

South,

I have an EF-2 I have been happily burning it now for two years.

2007-2008
NEWP in the tan bag with red/brown lettering. I liked these alot. Burned 2 tons
Green Supreme these were good too. Burned 1 ton
Naragansett (now kaput) 2 test bags burned great

2008-2009
Green Supreme (again) 1 ton
Energex ok pellet but had more ash than the NEWP's of the year before. 1 ton
5 bags of Pennington (WalMart) horrible stuff lots of ash and clinkers. Really dirty.

2009-2010
TBD hoping to try some Hammer's Hot Ones or some Lignetics

Hope this helps

---Nailer---

I just looked at the EF2 owners manual online, and I see NO mention of which type pellets they recommend....only that they are PFI rated, and have 3% or less ash content.

The dealer may have suggested that you burn only HW, but that may be because that's all he had to sell. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.