Efel Diesel Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Annie16

Jan 8, 2023
Mount Shasta
We have an Efel Diesel stove that we have had for 17 years (I call it a red diesel burning stove, when I order the diesel). Anyhow, it was working fine two days ago and now all of a sudden the flame is barely high, it is barely putting out heat, and the glass is cloudy so you can hardly see inside the stove! We thought it was plugged so we turned the coking knob and it still is not flaming up and we turned the stove up also. Help please

Without being familiar with the stove, it’s hard to say. It probably has a very simple metering system for fuel.

Given the soot on the glass it seems like it’s running ditch. That’s why I figured the air was obstructed, but it could be too much fuel too.

It might be time to call a technician in.