Eko 25 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes you need to resplit the piece and take the moisture content inside the wood. Green wood that was split a few days ago will read moisture content from the outside in the low 20s. Don’t feel bad this is a common mistake people do when they measure the mc content of wood, they just don’t know how to take the measurement. Watch this video to understand what I am talking about.

Or try this method. Gave me a chuckle as I buck to 19 inches.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that second video, BoiledOver. It was a trip. Made me laugh.

Mike

There's a bunch of things that could be said here but you already know what they are.

I just want to know what the actual mc content of this guys wood is. Anyone care to wager a guess?

Based on the video provided explanation of 18%, that stuff must be quite dry. If the wood fiber cells still contained moisture, would someone be able too get traffic through the wood? The video shows a no go on the other piece.

So Woodrunner how ya doin? Any positive progress?