eko 25 with RK-2001ua issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson54

Mar 13, 2012
Maine
I can't even count how many RK-2001UA controllers I've been through in 3 years I was wondering if anyone has changed their controller out for a different brand that they have had success with.

Thank you,
Nelson

Hopefully you will get good feedback on this, but I seem to remember of some posting that the space the controller is in is prone to heat buildup or retaining heat, and they either vented it or mounted it somewhere else. Just a first initial thought.

What specifically has been the problem - I did a write-up of a repair for the capacitor on the circuit board that causes some problems. It's a cheap and easy fix if you can solder or know someone who can. If I can find it I will post a link.

As maple1 stated, there has been an issue with the controller location being very warm. The original controller on my Eko25 is still in service after 2-1/2 heating seasons. I removed the entire pyramid looking thing and built an elevated control center that sits on top of the boiler. In addition, I placed a 1/2" thick piece of polyisocyanurate (spelling) on the top front of the boiler. That little bit of rigid insulation does not even get warm to the touch at full burn. Some of the members of this site have added venting holes to their pyramid looking thing with success.

Status
Not open for further replies.