EKO 40 Fan Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HydrordyH

Jan 27, 2010
U.P.
Greetings. So not sure how I did this but I forgot to close my ash door and cycled through my wood load. Glad my boiler is in the garage because it filled the room with smoke, and ash. Thankfully I did not register an overheat warnings on the RK2001U controller. Or burn my house down. But now the fan will not come on when I have a fire. When the system is cold I can start, and stop, the fan manually but not when I have a fire. I've tried turning it on when the system is in the 140s with no luck (max temp set at 175). Any ideas would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Nothing melted on the fan or inside the little box that houses the capicitor
Doesn't appear that anything melted anywhere. I did take the front cover off also and don't see anything unusual also. However...not sure what happened but it seems to be working now. The fire got up to the 170s without the fan and when the temp dropped back down the fan kicked on. It seems to be cycling fine. Hmmm. Anyone experiance anything like this?

Firstly you might check inside the wiring box attached to the blower. Secondly, it may be in the controller if you don't see evidence in the wiring box. Also, ya might want to go through all of the parameters of the controller to verify that all is programmed correctly.

Are you saying that you can run the Eko by natural draft?

Firstly you might check inside the wiring box attached to the blower. Secondly, it may be in the controller if you don't see evidence in the wiring box. Also, ya might want to go through all of the parameters of the controller to verify that all is programmed correctly.

Are you saying that you can run the Eko by natural draft?

Acting up again. Fan cycled and then didn't. Had an 'add fuel' error with the temp at 160 and fuel still in the box. I opened the flue and the ash door and got the temp back up. This would be my running the EKO by natural draft. I then closed the flue and ash door. The temperature dropped, when I checked it was 163, the fan did not come on. I opened things up and still had fuel. Turned the system on and off a couple times and still no fan. I then tapped on the fan and it started up.

I went through the parameters on the controller. All still set to factory defaults. I'll try and check inside the wiring box next I guess.

The heat from having the lower door open may have damaged the fan motor and/or capacitor.