EKO 40 RK-2001U power connector issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateB

Feeling the Heat
Mar 5, 2013
South Central Pennsylvania
My controller shuts off when I wiggle the power cord. I checked the pins on the board, and they look solid. I think it is the plastic block on the back. Did anyone else have this issue? Or know where I could get another one?

Haven't head of anyone else having that issue.

The plastic block is bad on the back of the controller. I pulled the plastic block off the pins and swapped it with one I was not using, and the issues is gone. I also put the suspect plastic block on the temperature probe pins, and I got an E 1 error. It is the plastic block that is bad. I am not sure how it could go bad, but it loses connection I think I am up and running now, but I am waiting till the weekend so I can keep an eye on it till I am confident in the fix.

The good thing is my over heat loop works. The boiler shut off mid burn, and I had no over heat issues, and the oil boiler picked up the slack.

If anyone finds those little plastic blocks let me know. I would like to get some extra ones.

Last edited:
Something like this?
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.