hartkem Posted By hartkem, Oct 3, 2017 at 1:10 PM

1. hondaracer2oo4

hondaracer2oo4
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2012
    Loc:
    Canterbury NH
    You have a draft inducer already because this is a gasser, can you put that on a reostat to control the speed and put a barometric damper on to control the draft? It appears from your numbers that putting the gun in the top chamber helps with heat capture a lot.

2. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I thought Ekos were forced draft - not induced.

3. hondaracer2oo4

hondaracer2oo4
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2012
    Loc:
    Canterbury NH
  4. TCaldwell

TCaldwell
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2007
    Loc:
    860-868-9014 h 203 948 0864 c nw corner ct.
    Any updates?

5. hartkem

hartkem
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 24, 2012
    Loc:
    KC
    I moved everything back down to the lower chamber. Drafts way better down there. Turning on the eko fan would add air and throw off the air/fuel mixture. Since everything works so much better down on the lower door that's how I'm going to run it this season to see if fuel use is reasonable. I think partially the reason for the slower heat up is the refractory is absorbing a lot of heat and takes a while to get up to temp. I realized the need to insulate my fabricated door so I ordered some kaowool board that I will line the inside off the door with then add another sheet of steel on top to cover it for durability. The door was getting so hot you couldn't touch it so I know I was losing a lot of heat there plus I'm concerned about heat damage to the gun. As far as operation of the gun it works perfectly I'm just having to compromise a little since I'm trying to do a wood oil combo and as many of you know when trying to do two things on one unit it turns out sacrifices usually have to be made.

mlappin likes this.