Eko 60 observations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WRVERMONT

Oct 29, 2007
Northern Vermont
I've noticed that the nozzle towards the back of the machine usually burns wood at a quicker rate than that of the front nozzle. Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas why? Related to the location or amount of primary air supply perhaps? I just love technical dialog on gasifiers!

Might have something to do with your wood or loading practices. I've noticed that it varies with mine--sometimes the front nozzle burns better and sometimes it's the back one. Of course, my favorite condition is when they're both blasting the orange flame. It takes a fresh load of dry wood on a nice bed of coals to do that.

For some reason, I tend to get more ash accumulation under the back nozzle--and that's pretty consistent. I'm guessing that's because that's the direction of the draft.

Are these rigs not simply awesome! I am falling in love with this thing. I do think the direction of the draft plays a roll. sI know that some of those fancy European machines have primary air inlets along the sides.

Hard not to like, fo sho.

While im not in love with mine yet, I think I can learn to. It sort of feels like the lord of the rings. Can't stop thinking about it. Or, Im a Cleveland fan, all the sports.
Usually a great start to the season, but a dissapointing end. But that just me. I have not yet acuired that all world free agent (more storage tanks).
Hows that?

WRboiler said:
I've noticed that the nozzle towards the back of the machine usually burns wood at a quicker rate than that of the front nozzle. Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas why? Related to the location or amount of primary air supply perhaps? I just love technical dialog on gasifiers!

I don't have that problem on my EKO 25 ;-)

I think a single nozzle Nofossil has some advantages. If I had your nozzle and my gasification chamber we'd have a rig. Call it the Eko Super25XL
Eko 25 with extended run time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.