EKO Error Codes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman59

May 19, 2008
Northwestern PA
Does anyone have a link or know where to find the error codes for an EKO 40, 2008 model. I am running it the same as last year but keep getting an E-3 error. The one thing that I notice is that when I reset the controller, instead of the fan coming on, there is a hum until I turn the power off and then power it back up. Once the power is turned back on, it starts normally. I have the temp set at 178 Deg. and only running the boiler once it gets below 45.

Thanks for any help, I will probably call Dave on Monday to get his thoughts on this.

Rich

According to the manual:

When [E 1] error appears on the display, it means fault (short-circuit) in
the boiler sensor circuit or temperature below 32°F. [E 2] is displayed if
boiler overheats. [E 3] error means fault and overheating at the same
time. Appearing of [E 1] error on the display without ability to cancel it by
pressing STOP button, in spite of temperature below 190°F, may mean
permanent damage of boiler temperature sensor (e.g. if the boiler
overheated above 300°F).

Have you double checked all of the connections on the back of your controller?

I will check the connections today. I know that the boiler has not been over-heated, just have to find out why the error is occurring.

Besides checking the connections might be worth checking the wires for teeth marks in case any little visitors have been snacking on them. If that looks good I'm wondering if you could have a failed sensor or controller. For some reason I recall a thread about some premature controller failures.

Didn't get a chance to take a look today, busy getting my place ready for winter, hopefully get it checked tomorrow. The boiler did run all day and didn't miss a beat.

E3 was over heat for me got it a few time last year. I simply turned the knob down for the high temp to 175 (unless it was real cold outside) never higher than 180 have never got the code again. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.