electric chain saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa
Menards has 14" bar remmington electric chain saw (1.5hp) on sale for $28.99.

I got one for cutting splits that are to large to fit in the stove after I get them home. I cut one peice tonight and it seemed to work good. I figured at that price I had to have one.

struggle said:
Menards has 14" bar remmington electric chain saw (1.5hp) on sale for $28.99.

I got one for cutting splits that are to large to fit in the stove after I get them home. I cut one peice tonight and it seemed to work good. I figured at that price I had to have one.

I have had a 16" remington electric for the past 3 years. I think it works great as a light-duty tool. The only problem I have with it is that the chain tensioning rod is a little bent. I think that was my fault, though -- the handle on the end of it is hard for my fingers to get to, so I used pliers to grab it.

Just make sure you keep it clean (oil and sawdust get gunked up pretty good under the plastic cover), keep bar/chain oil in there (it goes through it quickly!), and don't try to force it -- let it do the work, even if it takes a little longer than a gas powered saw.

And as you mentioned -- for that price, you can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.