Electric chainsaw bar oiler not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
My relatively new electric chainsaw's bar oiler isn't working. Anyone have this problem with an easy fix? It is out of warranty.

It's from the dreaded Harbor Freight, but from what I can tell, most of these low-end saws are almost identical except for aesthetic changes to differentiate the brand.

I took a quick look at the parts diagram, doesn't look like the oiler in gas saws.

Can't really give specific advice since I'm not looking at it but I would start taking off the bar and running the saw to see if it's pumping ANY oil. If not, I'd take the oiler apart and clean it making sure that no sawdust is clogging it up. If that fails, flush the oiling system with gas or diesel.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Can't really give specific advice since I'm not looking at it but I would start taking off the bar and running the saw to see if it's pumping ANY oil. If not, I'd take the oiler apart and clean it making sure that no sawdust is clogging it up. If that fails, flush the oiling system with gas or diesel.
Thanks Sodbuster, good advice, I have someplace to start now.