Electric log splitter help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shanenest

Oct 1, 2008
MA
I had a round fall onto the electrical box where the extension cord connects to the motor. Opened the box up figuring I would see the other end of a short red wire that split off, but nothings there. Does that red wire need to be reconnected to the wire nut with the other red wire? I don't see how it was ever connected there since the red wire is so short. View attachment 266799View attachment 266801
IMG_7316.jpeg
IMG_7312.jpeg

the cable is a 4 wire cable
your slitter only needs 3
PO upgraded the cord from the piece of crap that comes on them,probably had it laying around his shop and used what he had at the time.
I have a few cord like that one is a 100 ft extension cord,i bought it at a yard sale,changed the plug and there was an extra wire clipped short.Red one as well.

the cable is a 4 wire cable
your slitter only needs 3
PO upgraded the cord from the piece of crap that comes on them,probably had it laying around his shop and used what he had at the time.
I have a few cord like that one is a 100 ft extension cord,i bought it at a yard sale,changed the plug and there was an extra wire clipped short.Red one as well.
That's where I was going... Well said.