Electric vs diesel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I get it batteries can be dangerous. But that doesn't mean they can't be used safely and effectivly
There are new battery technologies evolving right now that will make this a moot point.

Reactions: gregbesia
They left out global warming Bgreen.

I hope non poisonous batteries are the near future. It breaks my heart to see Chinese workers with cotton gloves & a dust mask sorting through pails of these things. Tesla recycles its batteries with its global partners.......

So safe that my friend died of throat cancer from lithium ion or lithium polymer batteries.
You would have to weigh that against people working in close contact with oil in the petro chemical industry and the related cancers to that industry and also cancers related to exhaust fumes ,a double whammy. Has to be in the millions.

Reactions: bholler
I hope non poisonous batteries are the near future. It breaks my heart to see Chinese workers with cotton gloves & a dust mask sorting through pails of these things. Tesla recycles its batteries with its global partners.......
You do realize that is not how the vast majority of battery recycling is done right?

You do realize that is not how the vast majority of battery recycling is done right?
I'm sure that is good news to the people dying from poison battery fumes. Lets hope the future is as Bgreen says.