Electric woodstove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detector$

Dec 16, 2007
NC
We have a beautiful Ivory Enamel Jotul F600 and are a woodstove family. We have one fairly remote room that doesn't stay warm with the stove or with the forced air-furnace (with the door closed). My children like to play in that room and want a stove. We can't put in a gas or wood stove. I'd like to find a nice looking electric (yes fake flame) woodstove. Do you have any recommendations/suggestions?

The plug in ones can't give you any more heat than an electric space heater.

Can you install electric baseboard?

Matt

Saw one of those at our local hardware store the other day, right next to an EdenPure heater. Both gimmicks in my book. My concern would be the safety. The unit I saw was made in China, had a reasonable looking fake flame, but it's not something I'd put in the kids play area. A water-filled baseboard electric heater would be the safest.

Would you consider a convection electric rad and a tv that has the fireplace dvd playing? Like the ones they have at x-mas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.