Electrical Cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

abisen

Nov 14, 2021
PNW
Hi all, I just wanted to get a second opinion. I am not looking for a bargain hunting; just want you experts to tell me if you think the cost of install I am getting quoted is too high.

I am getting a Lopi Next Gen Large insert installed. The installation cost I am being quoted is

- $1500 (includes $150 for permit) for insert
- $850 (includes $100 for permit) for electrical

A total of $2300 for installation which does not include any cost material (liner, high temperature wire kit or the insert etc is charged separately).

This insert would go in a single story section of the house with existing masonry traditional fireplace. And there are two electrical sockets 40 inch on each side one of which would be used to connect the electricity.

Is this what people are typically paying in PNW region.

I live in PNW and paid 1200 for Install, not counting the permit I did. Electrical not needed. If plug is there why do you need electrical? Harmon XXV. Part of the 1200 was move old Wood Stove (BK King) and put in Harmon in it's place. Too heavy for me

More or less you prob got asked or it was assumed that you didnt want the wire from the blower motor to be exposed, so an outlet will be installed behind the insert shroud by the front corner of the existing fireplace, by code if you cant see the outlet there needs to be a switch to it so your paying for a tap off the existing, to a wall switch then to a outlet.