Elm stove value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sinai

Aug 27, 2022
el paso tx
I have a fisher wood stove that has the draft knobs on the side instead of the front. I am wanting to sell it and want to make sure I have accurate information. Size outside is back to front 3ft, side to side 29 1/2", height 27 1/2" front, height 33 1/2" at the back second level. the inside depth is about 17" and width is about 26" with a height of about 16". Any help and information would be greatly appreciated
Hi do you know the worth of a 28 inch Elm Wood Stove?

Not Fisher stove related, moved to a new thread. If you can post some pictures of the Elm that would help.

Not Fisher stove related, moved to a new thread. If you can post some pictures of the Elm that would help.

IMG_0289[1].JPG IMG_0286[1].JPG IMG_0290[1].JPG IMG_0287[1].JPG IMG_0295[1].JPG IMG_0297[1].JPG

These stoves are highly prized and should get a decent price, especially if you can wait a few weeks to sell it. The stove looks to be in excellent condition. In New England, at peak season it might sell for as much as $1500+. That said, I am not sure what they would sell for in El Paso, but I wouldn't hesitate to list it at $1000.

These stoves are highly prized and should get a decent price, especially if you can wait a few weeks to sell it. The stove looks to be in excellent condition. In New England, at peak season it might sell for as much as $1500+. That said, I am not sure what they would sell for in El Paso, but I wouldn't hesitate to list it at $1000.
thank you for your help

As is, unknown without further look but restored they bring in a pretty price. Like that of a new stove.

Calling Mr. Hermit to the front desk for an Elm price check,
@D. Hermit

I am surprised Hermit hasnt already sniffed it out as it is in his "relative" backyard .;)

Have you read this thread?

I am surprised Hermit hasnt already sniffed it out as it is in his "relative" backyard .;)
Ive been so busy its been absolutely crazy. My account here was not sending me any notifications, which is weird. But I had a few minutes tonight to browse the forum for the first time in months.

How much would a 1976 elm 24” be worth in this condition and how much restored ?

View attachment 314188 View attachment 314189

So, this Elm you have is a 24” non cat, “old style”. Which basically means it has the less desirable “push close” door vs the ones from 79-ish on which was a positive locking style door. The push style door was not as airtight.

Value has to do alot with what condition its in, if the back is cracked and the baffle is bad, that adds $475 to the restoration cost right there.
Then you have no nickel, no shelves, and short legs.

On the private market as is, you might be able to get 350-500 for it when the season comes. If it has a bad back and baffle, closer to the 250-350 mark.

If you were to restore it and put it up on market, maybe 1450-1650range. Thats if you do the restoration perfectly and everything is done right as far as fasteners, new parts fit and drilled properly, sandblasting, new glass, new stainless ties, and a good high temp paint like Thurmalox or Stove Bright.

My plan is to restore it and use it in my own home , thank you for the info Hermit the back has no cracks but it is missing the baffle, do you kno

My plan is to restore it and use it in my own home , thank you for the info Hermit the back has no cracks but it is missing the baffle, do you kno
You can get the baffle still from Steve or Rich, check vermontelmstove.com for more info. The baffle will not come drilled, so you will have to drill it to fit your stove.

Reactions: begreen and Mudgen
Uh…that wasn’t what I was asking.

I was referring to the I.D. & O.D. diameter of the pipe, as well as the thickness of the pipe, that these stove bodies are made from.

Uh…that wasn’t what I was asking.

I was referring to the diameter of the pipe, as well as the thickness of the pipe, that these stove bodies are made from.
The body is 1/4” cold rolled steel. I do not know the diameter off hand. I will try to check next time Im in the shop, I have a few broken down right now.

Reactions: Hoytman