Elvex Chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treacherous

Minister of Fire
May 13, 2010
US
Old thread resurrection....

Found a new pair of these Elvex chaps (JE-9436) on eBay today for $50 so I bought them. I will admit I have not utilized chaps much but it's not to late to increase safety. Small price for protection. Anyone have any pros or cons to this brand? It appears to be their most robust line.

http://www.elvex.com/chainsaw-chaps.htm

Reactions: smokinj
Moved it to its own thread.

These look good.

$%28KGrHqVHJF%21FEl30s+TrBRM8r,Y-Ow%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Can't speak to elvex chaps but I bought a used pair of stihl chaps on ebay and a new stihl helmet off of craigslist. I have done quite a bit of cutting with them and I am very happy that I invested in safety clothing. You made a smart investment! good luck with them.

I have the Elvex Chaps but like whos gonna read this after looking at mikefrommaines post.

Reactions: Jack Fate
Must be much warmer than here in November wherever she is. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.