Email Notifications

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PistolPeets

Jan 1, 2019
Upstate New York
Hello. I can't seem to turn off email notifications when someone replies to my posts. I like having the alerts in the top right corner on the site, but I don't want an email every time it happens. I log in frequently enough that I don't need the emails. I've currently gone into the Preferences and de-selected everything relating to emails but still receive them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

You did the first step. The 2nd is kind of a pain. You need to go to the forum or thread you are watching and change watch to unwatch.

example:
1575985700233.png

Thanks for the info! Doesn't unwatching mean I also won't receive regular non-email notifications? Not a big deal I guess.

Yes, unwatch it, then go back and hit watch again and select alerts only and leave email unchecked.