Empress FS not lighting all the time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srjtr7

Jan 16, 2008
Near Boston
Sometime my Empress FS lights up and works fine....other times, I click the on button and the burn pot fills up with pellets and does not light.

I unplug it, clean the burn pot and then turn it back on and it starts and runs fine.

Any suggestions?

Any errors? Is the burn pot even getting warm? Loose wire? Has the system ( stove and venting) been thoroughly cleaned?

was the burnpot clean to start with? with most of those stove we run in the store we notice that if it has trouble starting it's usally a dirty burn pot that caused the issue.

All I get is the blinking red light on the settings bar (low to high bar).

The burn pot is somewhat warm...but not hot.

Yes, this happens with a dirty burn pot. I clean it out then it starts right up.

The burn pot is not really even that dirty. I could start and stop this no matter how dirty the burn pot was and it always started.

Could my igniter be getting tired and not be getting hot enough to get past the small amount of crusted ash in the burn pot?

If so, how hard is it to swap it out?

if thats your stove in your avator, it's going to be a royale pain in the ass to do. It's going to be easier to unhock the venting and get the stove turned around so you can get good light in there and sit kinda comfortably while swaping it out. It's only 2 screws but you have a limited amount of space and can only come in from the control board side. At the worst it's about a hour to swap out

Look at the pot, is it warped or have a crack in the steel? The back row of holes needs to sit below the air box. I've seen pots warp and not set in the box properly which misalignes the hole for the igniter and the hot air escapes up the side of the pot instead of inside the pot

Status
Not open for further replies.