Empress Insert auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevassar

Oct 30, 2007
South Central MA
The auger light isn't flashing. The stove is on, the red level light is on, but normally the green light flashes when the auger turns, and it's not. Any ideas? I turned it off this morning and cleaned the ash pan and burnpot. Turned it back on, and still no green light.

Thanks,
Dave

Have you checked the fuses on the control board board

have you check the pressure hose?

davevassar said:
The auger light isn't flashing. The stove is on, the red level light is on, but normally the green light flashes when the auger turns, and it's not. Any ideas? I turned it off this morning and cleaned the ash pan and burnpot. Turned it back on, and still no green light.

Thanks,
Dave

Did this happen AFTER YOU CLEANED IT?
check and make sure your door and ash pan are shut tight.

Actually, false alarm. I cycled the power through the breaker, and turned it back on. It's working now. Very strange.

When it started back up, and the auger started working again, it seemed like it was struggling to feed pallets. Maybe there was an obstruction, and it worked itself out.

davevassar said:
Actually, false alarm. I cycled the power through the breaker, and turned it back on. It's working now. Very strange.

When it started back up, and the auger started working again, it seemed like it was struggling to feed pallets. Maybe there was an obstruction, and it worked itself out.

Well if it was a PALLET they yes. LOL

if you have longer pEllets or saw dust it will Grunt a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.