End of January Woodcheck - How Much Have U Burned and Got Left?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scfa99

Alright I've burned 2.5 cords and have 7 left but only 2 that is really seasoned. How's everyone else doing?

Burned about 2-2.5 cords and don't have much left. I do have a bunch of biobricks but I don't really like them. You have to move all the coals around and stack them just right. Too much of a PIA for me!

Estimate I have burned a little more than half of my seasoned wood so I'm starting to mix in some oak that was split in late summer. It seems I have burned more wood this year than usual.

Started with five cord of wood, a ton of coal. Have bought another ton of coal...

Have about three cord and 1/3 ton of coal left... looking good, but watching the wood pile. As it shrinks I will get more and more coal intensive. No need to "season" coal, been seasoning for a long time now.

Heating a three unit apartment building, and domestic hot water for five or six people... oil man was around Thursday and I'd burned 50 gallons in the last 32 days.

We've burned somewhere between 1.5-1.7 cords so far. Have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 cords left.

1.9 cords of mostly Black Locust and some Maple and Oak. Still have plenty in reserve. I'm ready for this month to be over with. It's been way below normal temps and the stoves been working hard. We both need a break.

Todd said:
I'm ready for this month to be over with. It's been way below normal temps and the stoves been working hard. We both need a break.

Amen brother!

BrotherBart said:
Todd said:
I'm ready for this month to be over with. It's been way below normal temps and the stoves been working hard. We both need a break.

Amen brother!
Glad I've got a stove though and plenty of free wood though! :)

I've gone through about 1 1/2 cords. I have about 2-2 1/2 before I hit my emergency shed stash I think I have about 1/2 cord in there. It's stacked in a back corner and under a workbench so I have no idea how much is really stacked in there.

It's been a much colder winter this year. I'm happy for all the oil burners out there that prices went down. They would be in a world of hurt otherwise.

Matt

I have no idea how much I have used. I'm still cutting two year old down limbs and using them up. I still have two good sized piles out back out of the four I started with.

I can't complain. It has been a rather mild winter here so I did not use as much as planned.

I used a bunch, but didn't turn on the furnace as backup until a few weeks ago.
I have some left, but will probably run out in march.
Too much fishing, not enough splitting last summer!

Backwoods Savage said:
We've burned somewhere between 1.5-1.7 cords so far. Have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 cords left.

I have no idea how much I have burned but it isn't as much as expected because our winter has been really mild this year. (Sorry for all of you who have had the opposite.) I will know when I order next years wood and see how it stacks up in my space.

Backwoods - seems like you have ample firewood. I am envious. If you ever do a road trip - how about bringing some of your hard woods to Colorado. I know someone who would love to see how it burns. ;-)

Used about a cord so far, got a bit less than 2 left, so I should be in good shape. Can't say I'm toasty warm when it gets down in the low teens and below, but it's tolerable.

I 've burned 2.5 cords so far with 2.5 remaining. The first cord was mostly junk wood during the shoulder season. Although, if we have a cold Spring like last year I may use a laptop PC in the future because this desk is well seasoned.

Burned almost 2 cords so far, but have been warmer this year in spite of the cold. There's maybe 1.5 cords left. We're getting into chunk wood now, buried in between rows. Well at least it's soft maple instead of the crappy pine.

Down about 2.5 cords of mostly cottonwood and some fir/alder mix. Only 10 cords remain, 9 of which being the nice doug fir.

So far I have burned about 1.33 cords of wood heating 24/7 in a 1632 sq. ft. log home.. This old stove is very efficient! I have about 2.66 cords remaining.. Generally I use about 3 cords a yr. here in southern Mass. and that hasn't changed in over 20 yrs..

Ray

Burned 2.75 cords. Over 1 cord left that is seasoned.

Also have 5 cords not seasoned for next year

And have another 2.5 cords that is in various need of bucking/splitting for the following year.

perplexed said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I have no idea how much I have burned but it isn't as much as expected because our winter has been really mild this year. (Sorry for all of you who have had the opposite.) I will know when I order next years wood and see how it stacks up in my space.

Backwoods - seems like you have ample firewood. I am envious. If you ever do a road trip - how about bringing some of your hard woods to Colorado. I know someone who would love to see how it burns. ;-)

Hey, we'll be catching part of Colorado in late June for sure on RAAM. We'll hit Cortez, Durango, Pagasa Springs and then head south down to Taos. Then there is a possibility I may drive the RV back to CA after the race. I'll see if there is any extra room. lol Would be happy to meet you if nothing else.

burned 1 1/4 cords with 1 1/2 left. I've burned about the same amount with the new castine as I've burned in the past with the f100 and we're walking around in t-shirts and sleeping without blankets. We used to need a down comforter. Go figure.

I'v burned about 2 cords have one left. Looking for free hardwood in north central NJ for next year, if anyone can hook me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.