Energex hardwood premium

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bgk

Nov 14, 2019
Here
This is my first year with my castle serenity. I’ve tried a few bags of stove chow, lignetics green bag from tractor supply, lignetics premium hard wood and the energex. Unfortunately, I purchased a ton of the lignetics hard wood. They don’t seem to have the btu and they’re not super clean despite reviews I’ve read. They seem on par with the stove chow. The lignetics that I got from TSC (3 bag test) were okay, but I got a ton of energex premium hardwood tax free 2 miles from home. Will likely get another this week. They seem to burn hotter and cleaner than the lignetics. It seems the softwood pellets everyone loves are scarce here in the northeast (upstate NY), but I suppose that makes sense. Paying $260 per ton cash here.