Energy Mate wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Weevil

Jan 12, 2024
Wisconsin
Hi all, I’m brand new here but have been reading posts for the last few months. I purchased a used Energy Mate wood stove a few months ago, and have installed it in my pole shed. What I don’t have is any kind of information on it or a UL tag, or anything describing it. My insurance company is asking for some of this information, but I just can’t seem to find any. Would anyone here be able to help me?

IMG_1138.jpeg

It's an old unlisted stove your insurance company may simply refuse to cover it. Especially if the pole shed is used to store or work on vehicles.

Thanks, but my agent is trying to work with me.
Make sure what your agent tells you is actually reflected in the policy. Just because your agent tells you it's ok doesn't mean you will be covered if anything happens