England 25-PDVC Convection Blower Speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BillM2

Dec 23, 2010
Mid-Hudson Valley
My convection blower speed doesn’t increase when I up the setting. I cleaned the fan and did a reset per manufacturer’s instructions and kept those settings. I can go from 1 to 9 with no increase.

Do fans burn out slowly or just die? Might it be a control panel issue? How can I test the fan?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Make a test cord from and old lamp and attach to the convection blower and plug into the wall outlet. If it goes faster while plugged in the wall than it does in the stove it is probably the control board. Electric motors will slowly wear out, they live in a pretty harsh environment. Heat and dust take its toll over time. If the motor does not turn up it could be dust/pet hair in the squirrel cage.

Last edited: