England PDVC combustion impeller replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwoh

Jan 26, 2012
Eastern MA
When cleaning the impeller on my England pdvc, one of the fins of the impeller snapped off. It seems to still move exhaust but I am concerned that it will be imbalanced when operating and cause future problems. The England company's part list only offers a complete combustion blower unit for sale. The England impeller material broke easily as it is brittle.
Where can I purchase a replacement impeller [either original or equivalent]? There is a Whitfield 4.75" unit for sale that may be a possibility. I have replaced one on a Jamestown J1000 although its removal from the motor shaft was troublesome. Please advise... thanks.

my impellar was a nightmare to get off when I replaced the motor
wound up replacing the whole thing
might be cost effective to buy the set and have a spare motor
it seems that is the motor likely to go bad

Status
Not open for further replies.