England Stove Works 10-cpm heat output dF?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you trying to turn your house into a sauna?? Temps in the mid 70's AND running the furnace? Do you have a medical condition that requires those temps?

I have a CPM, and typically get air temperatures in the low 200's depending on what pellet I'm burning. Up until this year, the CPM was my primary heat for my 2400 sq ft house. I heated the main living area downstairs to about 71, and the rest of the house was a few degrees colder. I would go through 2+ bags on the coldest days, although I averaged about a ton a month in the cold weather. Does that info help some?

Thats my only comment... We shut our PDVC off at 74, thats just overkill. R13 is weak, I spent the extra money in last house during room reno's on the denser R15 for 2x4 walls. Its just not enough. Bear in mind a typical hot air furnace is rated for 40-70 degree rise, so at 74 room temp, 150 discharge air is flirting with the hi limit. I havent measured output temp of my stove, just go by "feel". House feels warm and stats say 66-70 Im happy.

I also will add that steam heat, when done correctly, is the single greatest system to heat a bldg. its far from cheap, requires attention and maintanence, but rips heat where hot water can only dream. I am biased, since I spent 10 yrs wrenching on boilers over 1000hp. ( 1 hp being 2500 btu )

Status
Not open for further replies.