Englander 10-CPM Burn issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ryscott

Feb 5, 2018
Wichita, kansas
We have a new pellet burner that is 12 years old but just came out of the box. The two issues I have :
1. No matter what setting it's set at, I can't slow down the auger and after a while the pellets will start to spill over in the burn trey. I have a huge flame and its putting out good heat. Any idea on what's causing the auger to not slow down?
2. The front glass is always getting covered in black soot around all the edges. No one in my area work on these and tech support tells me something different everytime I call and nothing has helped yet. PLEASE HELP!

I have to ask. How did u get a 12 year old new unit

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

It was purchased and placed in my pole barn and never installed due to ongoing construction. I recently removed it from the box it came in and had it installed.

Wow that's one long reno. Did you pull it apart and give it a good clean and inspection? Thinking after that long spiders and critters may have made a home in it. Many chewed some wires

The speed of the auger is always the same . The duration of it running is what controls the flow of pellets . Use a dollar bill all around the door to check the gaskets .It should have some tension when you pull it out, or while it's running hold a lighter around it and see if the flame gets sucked in.

That's good info. I'll try the dollar bill thing and see. Still cant figure out why the pellet trey keeps overflowing tho. Like I said, I have a huge flame but they build up. The air leak if any wouldn't cause that would it?

It could cause that. Also you could check the settings on the stove. The bottom three buttons on the control board . I'm not familiar with that particular model so you'd have search to see what the are supposed to be, also I believe that stove has different modes but again you'd have to search for more info on that .

Yeah we've done that several times we've called the manufacturer and every time we do they give us a different setting for it to go on and it never makes a difference. Every eight seconds the auger starts and runs for 5 seconds. After 1-2 hours the pellet trey is overflowing. On the lowest setting and on the highest. I did check the seal tho and could not see a leak using a lighter and using a $1 seemed to seal good. How often or long does your auger run?

You tried all these in the manual? Also rodents need less than 1/4 inch yo get into something. After sitting 12 years their will be bugs or something that may have made a home
2c6dbc98a284b6e3db2bac1578055716.jpg

I'm not really sure about the timing of the auger. If everything is clean and no leaks I would try adjusting the low feed and low air settings . Adjust one # at a time and see what happens. First off id try to lower the feed rate and check on it after a while .

One thing I was wondering this is a multfuel stove. Is it on the right fuel setting?

Reactions: Shane1
Yes it is. I'm not trying to be difficult here, we have seriously tried everything and the company has been seriously no help. I'm ready to throw this $1900 pellet heater to the curb. We can seriously get 0 answers on what to do. This post has given me more things to test that any other source and we thank you guys for all the responces. We don't mind replacing some parts if we knew what to replace but after 6 factory resets, and double checking everything we are about done with this thing. Maybe it's just time for a new new one lol

Hehe... buy a new one and let it sit for 12 years? Lol

Unfortunately it's all process of elimination since none of us can visit u in person.. be patient.

Have u been using the same brand of pellet? Maby try a bag or 2 of a different brand

If he don't want it, I'll take it. No really, I had to look this one up; I forgot about this one. If I were to op, I would check the ash pan, the placement of the burn pot and stirrer and behind the ceramic brick thing. I remember some old threads about poor burning 10-cpm's.