Englander 25-PDV E2 error Start Failure but works the 2nd time!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lemme save you some time, soldering to the "on/off" aint gonna happen, they are bubble switches incased in the touchpad, there is a "ribbon" looks like celophane with greenish lines in it coming out from behind the right side of the printed board that lead to a long skinny blue plug at the board. i do not know which pin is on or off and the only way to find out would be to literally destroy a touchpad. even then getting to the pins without making the connector unusable is next to impossible. in my mind, a seperate "momentary"switch like you described would be best accomplished taking power straight off the cord, or having its own cord, rig a remote command switch to it and you may have somthing. but dont try to integrate it directly to the board, its a $216.00 mistake to try.

Thanks again Mike, That sounds way to messy!

Anyway, the results from steps 1 & 2 are in. Good news it fired up at 42 Deg F in the shed!

However it took 11 mins, not under 10 mins like a GOOD normal firing. Will it fire at 20 Deg F? Not Sure? ? ? Possible CSS - Cold Start in Shed issue if it does not fire in time for the Thermal Sensor? ? ?
I probably cannot test that until next year, but I encourge You and your company to do that testing for people who buy them for cabins and retreat properties where it is very common to go in at 0 - 20 Deg F and fire up a stove.

If your stoves do that and you advertise they do, then you have Danson and Pelpro Ind in Canada beat by a mile!

Still getting a new ignitor but all set for the rest of this year, See yellow arrow in pics below.

I pulled the blue tube off the ignitor tube and plugged it with a screw. Then I pulled the ignitor out MORE so it protrudes beyound the back of the igniter tube as shown in the pic below!

BTW I just painted the door, Makes it look like new. Stove Bright Satin Black matches perfectly! Is that what you use?

Attachments

• IMG02325-20120406-2118ya.jpg
    IMG02325-20120406-2118ya.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG02326-20120406-2138ya.jpg
    IMG02326-20120406-2138ya.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG02327-20120406-2138ya.jpg
    IMG02327-20120406-2138ya.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG02328-20120407-0809ya.jpg
    IMG02328-20120407-0809ya.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 469
Don,

If that tube the air hose was attached can be removed you just might get a faster start up.

Don,

If that tube the air hose was attached can be removed you just might get a faster start up.
Good idea Smokey but it seems to be tapped in there solid. Drilling a couple 1/8th holes in the collar is still a better idea. The collar can be replaced easily if it gets messed up. The best part about this is that the two holes in the back will make the air travel the full length of the igniter!

I would try the 2 holes. Quite a few cartridge ignitors use those holes.... I bought my buddy an ignitor for his Baby Countryside and it had those 2 holes Mike mentioned to try. 2012-03-29_17-05-19_283.jpg

I could use a spare for the MtV. just sayin. :p

Let me better describe. I bought it off of ebay and he had to pay me back.... Been friends for 20 yrs...

He did get a programmable stat and a leafblower w/ needed PVC fittings...

After 20 yrs, I might buy you something too.... ;)

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.