Englander 25 PDV top auger jamming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbs510

Nov 19, 2015
Western Mass
We have just replaced our bottom auger and both motors. We keep receiving an E2 error. I have pulled both auger and cleaned them, had also used sandpaper to get build up off top auger. Turn stove on and it will run fine for 10 minutes or so. Once I add pellets to the hopper, the top auger only turns correctly for a couple of minutes, then jams. What else can I try to fix it? We are using the same brand pellets that we did last year.

If i am reading this right.. the top auger turns fine until you fill the hopper with pellets? Have you actually verified it is jamming? Sounds more like the motor is possibly weak.. i know its new but that doesnt mean anything today.. try swapping motors to verify... are you sure you have the motor attached to the auger shaft correctly? Maybe it wasnt lined up and its slipping?

If i am reading this right.. the top auger turns fine until you fill the hopper with pellets? Have you actually verified it is jamming? Sounds more like the motor is possibly weak.. i know its new but that doesnt mean anything today.. try swapping motors to verify... are you sure you have the motor attached to the auger shaft correctly? Maybe it wasnt lined up and its slipping?

I will try swapping the motors...I think I have it attached correctly, how can I be sure? .... I am new to all of this!!!

Is the set screw tight,sounds like it may not be tight enough and under load the motor is turning on the shaft.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Follow lake girls link, re align them and let us know how it turns out

should both motors be able to move when running?..what I mean is, how they tend to angle downwards a bit, but you can move that side upwards...the bottom one will move but the top one is tight downwards

should both motors be able to move when running?..what I mean is, how they tend to angle downwards a bit, but you can move that side upwards...the bottom one will move but the top one is tight downwards

They should twist freely. If you push the left side of motor up it should fall back down on its own. Sounds like something is out of alignment or the tube could be packed with sawdust..

Augers are running good now, there was a bit of a build up in the shoot to the bottom auger, so the pellets weren't moving correctly....Now that we have it running after 7 weeks of working on it, it doesn't seem to be heating like it was

Augers are running good now, there was a bit of a build up in the shoot to the bottom auger, so the pellets weren't moving correctly....Now that we have it running after 7 weeks of working on it, it doesn't seem to be heating like it was

Glad to hear its working again.. but i have to ask, has the stove been cleaned? Ash insulates. The more buildup of ash on the interior will restrict the transfer of heat.

It has been cleaned. I always try to get the inside cleaned so they're is no build up

Do you use a small wire brush or bottle brush of some sort to clean between the the top of the tubes and the the top of the stove? It builds up fairly quick there. All i am saying is if you think you cleaned it good enough chances are it still could use a good cleaning.. i have noticed a huge diff once i started brushing the top and the tubes once a week with the routine vaccuming

or the tube could be packed with sawdust..
Remove, inspect and clean tube reinstall with LakeGirl's link to auger alignment and you should be fine.

Also, Carbon buildup at the fire end of the lower auger tends to bind that one.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.