Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NewtoPellets97

Dec 8, 2020
Kentucky
So I recently bought a Englander 25-PDV manufactured 11/03. It worked perfectly the first 2 days I had it, though burned through more pellets than I anticipated (2 bags a day on the lowest setting). But now it runs for 3-4 hours at a time and shuts off completely. No error code is thrown, the board simply says “E.” Augers shut off, fans shut off and it dies, does not restart on its own.

I’ve read through some threads here showing the factory settings should be 6-4-1 so I changed those because they were on 1-1-1 when I got it. No change, still burning through lots of pellets and shutting down every 3-4 hours. Air intake is clean, plenty of space from walls. Piping/flue/chimney is clean. Fire burns well when it burns, good strong flame. Then shuts off after 3-4 hours.

I called Englander, tech support said it should have a number when it displays “E” and it was worrisome that it doesn’t show anything else. We attempted a factory reset (unplugging the unit, plugging it back in and immediately pressing the bottom three buttons). Tech support said it should display F S, unit didn’t display anything even after multiple attempts. Tech said it was probably a bad control board because it shuts off without any error codes and wouldn’t reset.

Opinions/thoughts/suggestions? I really don’t want to spend $300 on a maybe fix.

961467A8-7432-429B-80FA-9058BA322D1C.jpeg 686D35C5-D6E6-4C03-AE46-D8C075557809.jpeg

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at a new board. Does it display anything in the right "window" when you adjust the blower speed? If not and you feel brave, you COULD try to get a new LED module and replace the defective one. Be warned, de-soldering / soldering on a surface mount board is not for the faint of heart.

Eric

Reactions: NewtoPellets97
Pony up the 300 plus 35 for a surge supressor.

Yep new board is in order

Unfortunately, I think you're looking at a new board. Does it display anything in the right "window" when you adjust the blower speed? If not and you feel brave, you COULD try to get a new LED module and replace the defective one. Be warned, de-soldering / soldering on a surface mount board is not for the faint of heart.

Eric
The right side shows numbers when I adjust the speeds