Englander 25-pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Burn box after gasket fell off

F3AAD1D1-962C-4337-9B09-BD9510FAA85A.jpeg

Sounds like either you had a jam or your lower auger motor gave up. You could, even with the motors out (be careful, there is line voltage present) put it in diagnostic mode and test each motor. My guess is your lower motor gave up the ghost.

Coincidentally, I swap my motors every year to help even out use. The bottom one is always turning and the upper one only intermittently so I find swapping them helps.

Eric

Ma
Sounds like either you had a jam or your lower auger motor gave up. You could, even with the motors out (be careful, there is line voltage present) put it in diagnostic mode and test each motor. My guess is your lower motor gave up the ghost.

Coincidentally, I swap my motors every year to help even out use. The bottom one is always turning and the upper one only intermittently so I find swapping them helps.

Eric
Dude thank you so much. I just saw your comment as I got off the phone with mike from Englander customer service. He said that the motor gave out. I'm in the process of order one right now. It is correct that they spin CCW?

I believe so, yes. Most motors can be reversed. I know the motor I bought at Grainger was CW and I had to change it to CCW. It wasn't difficult.

Eric

I believe so, yes. Most motors can be reversed. I know the motor I bought at Grainger was CW and I had to change it to CCW. It wasn't difficult.

Eric

would this work

Don’t see why not.

Eric