englander 25 pdvc black glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things will give you the problem of sooty glass pellets and air leak or restriction, if you look at the 2 square holes in the front that is the air intake for the glass air wash if you have a restriction on exhaust dirty fan motor fan running to slow or air coming in from poor gasket seals you will not pull enough air from the room to keep it clean.

Hi Farmall,

Not sure, I clean my exhaust fan blades about every ton I burn, and all pipes have been cleaned out too.

My stove has done the dirty glass thing after about 6 to 10 hours since new, I think it's standard on these stoves.

Do you have an Englander stove that the glass does not get dirty? if so please let us know the secret.

thx

pelletizer said:
Hi Farmall,

Not sure, I clean my exhaust fan blades about every ton I burn, and all pipes have been cleaned out too.

My stove has done the dirty glass thing after about 6 to 10 hours since new, I think it's standard on these stoves.

Do you have an Englander stove that the glass does not get dirty? if so please let us know the secret.

thx
Yes I have a Englander I take a small tube hooked to my compressor and blow thru the port behind the baffle plate while the motor is running then I remove the fan and clean everything out. I ran 4 1/2 tons of Green Team pellets last year without any problems .I started this year with the Green Team pellets and all was good,till I started using Penningtons glass blackens after 4-5 hrs and builds up with clinkers,I have to clean the stove every 12 hr 24 the most, with Green Team I could run 2-3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.