Englander 25-PDVC blower speed raises with heat range after factory reset

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ben in Maryland

Feb 3, 2021
Manchester, Maryland
Hello everyone. This being my first post on the forum, I'd like to thank whomever is running this. Despite just registering, I've found myself coming back here time after time for information.

On to my issue... I've been chasing a lack of heat from my stove lately. After confirming the auger motors are working as they should, I've come to the conclusion the two new to me brands of pellets I bought recently weren't of good quality. Coming to that conclusion, I performed a factory reset to make certain I hadn't inadvertently messed up any settings when I was poking around. I got the F-5 message after the reset, waited a bit, then fired up the stove. Ever since that reset, whenever I raise the heat range the blower speed increases with it. For example, once the start up sequence has completed, I raised the heat range to 5. As I increase the heat range, the blower speed increases to the same setting without pushing the blower speed up button. I am able to lower the heat range without changing the blower speed, but I can not lower the blower speed and keep a higher heat range. In my assessment, this causes the body of the stove not to heat up, which should be a "heat sink" for the room blower to blow across and deliver the heat to the room.

That's expected behavior. As you bump the heat setting, the stove will automatically increase the blower setting. This is to prevent the stove from overheating.

Eric

That's expected behavior. As you bump the heat setting, the stove will automatically increase the blower setting. This is to prevent the stove from overheating.

Eric
My stove had never done that before the factory reset, though. Previously (when it was heating correctly), I'd start the stove and let it run through the start up cycle. Then, I'd raise the heat range to 5 and keep the blower speed low at 1-2. After the stove in front of the hopper lid got hot enough that I couldn't keep my hand on it for more then a second, I'd increase the blower speed to match the heat range.

I've had Englanders for over 10 years and never had one that would let me run it that way.

Eric

The real old ones did allow it but it was advised in the manual to raise the convection blower before raising the heat level. Now your stove is running the way it is supposed to be.

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. Looks like the blower fan speed isn't the issue causing the heat output to be low. I found some posts looking around the forum today that may help me out. I'll check over them, and probably start another thread if I can't get things sorted myself.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Ssyko