Englander 25-PDVC Igniter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.E S4

Nov 28, 2012
I've bought this stove used 2 weeks ago. The igniter was not working I've replaced it early this week. The first 2 days it works fine. Now it would take 2 to 3 tries, by the time it would ignites the burn pot is 3/4 full of pellets. This morning I had to start it manually.

I installed it according to the instruction that was sent to me by Englander. I notice that the tip of the heating element is about 1/2" behind the burn pot.

Should it be flush with the burn pot to help ignite faster or just 1 try. I was thinking of pushing it forward flush with the burn pot. I just want to get a few opinions before I do it.

No, you don't want it touching the pot....you need to have a bit of airflow through it so you have ignition....You might be a bit too far away if it is a 1/2" away though....You can mess with it a bit but I would go a "bit" closer.....maybe a 1/4" away......

This was the same problem I had with mine when I had the Englander and just adjusting the igniter forward a little fixed the problem. As stated though, you must allow an air gap.

I got it in the correct spot now. It fire up but I had to moved some of the pellets out of the way.

I know this is going to sound a bit weird but usually pulling the igniter back into the tube a bit works very well as the air flow gets very hot and it is that hot air flow that does the lighting of the pellets.

Just make certain that the area around the igniter in the tube is free of ash.

I have the same model best way is to place 2 or 3 pellets right near the igniter works everytime. Make sure its clean sometimes it gets caked up . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.