Englander 25-PDVC not working, No Codes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PhilNH

Dec 28, 2022
NH
Hi All,

I recently acquired a used Englander 25-PDVC. Previous owner wasn't using it. It had been sitting in his shed. I got it home and cleaned out all the mouse nests from underneath. I hooked it up and... Nothing. I have a mechanical background ( I work in the energy and utilities department at a university, we run a landfill gas cogen and a separate biomass boiler heat plant ) and I'm leaning to new control board.

I have confirmed operation of both blowers as well as both augers. I confirmed the vacuum switches with a multimeter while testing the combustion blower.

Controller doesn't display any codes just "1 5" and won't react to and button presses.

I took the controller out and couldn't find any bad components. And I used my multimeter to confirm button presses are being sent to the control board.

It will not go into diagnostic mode because button are non responsive. I plug it in it displays "1 5" for 25 second and turns off

You're probably headed in the right direction. I'd just double check for mouse damage, not just the board, but wiring, too.

Eric

Hi All,

I recently acquired a used Englander 25-PDVC. Previous owner wasn't using it. It had been sitting in his shed. I got it home and cleaned out all the mouse nests from underneath. I hooked it up and... Nothing. I have a mechanical background ( I work in the energy and utilities department at a university, we run a landfill gas cogen and a separate biomass boiler heat plant ) and I'm leaning to new control board.

I have confirmed operation of both blowers as well as both augers. I confirmed the vacuum switches with a multimeter while testing the combustion blower.

Controller doesn't display any codes just "1 5" and won't react to and button presses.

I took the controller out and couldn't find any bad components. And I used my multimeter to confirm button presses are being sent to the control board.

It will not go into diagnostic mode because button are non responsive. I plug it in it displays "1 5" for 25 second and turns off
Did you ever figure out the problem I’m having the same problem

Can you give more detail? I might start with a board reset. Search on here for a how to.

Eric