Englander 25-PUF Auger won't turn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AllenSmall

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I've got an Englander 25-PUF stove and I can't get the auger to turn. I got E2 code when I tried to start it. Noticed pellets were not being put into the burn pot so I took everything apart and cleaned it. I then put it in diagnostic mode and tried to turn the auger and it wouldn't turn. I got out my meter and saw that I had 120vac to the motor. I figured the motor must be shot so I bought a new one. Just got it installed and it still won't turn. I checked and I have 120vac to ground on each side. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I'm thinking it's probably something dumb but I need some help. Thanks in advance.

The motor won't run with 120VAC on each side. One side needs to go to neutral for the motor to run. I would guess that your vacuum switch(s) is part of the circuit, and is not closed. IIRC, even in test mode, you need a vacuum (partial) in the stove for the auger to run. Is the combustion blower running? All doors shut tight? Fines box properly closed?
A wiring diagram would be most helpful, and along with a meter will tell you where your circuit is incomplete.

I've got an Englander 25-PUF stove and I can't get the auger to turn. I got E2 code when I tried to start it. Noticed pellets were not being put into the burn pot so I took everything apart and cleaned it. I then put it in diagnostic mode and tried to turn the auger and it wouldn't turn. I got out my meter and saw that I had 120vac to the motor. I figured the motor must be shot so I bought a new one. Just got it installed and it still won't turn. I checked and I have 120vac to ground on each side. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I'm thinking it's probably something dumb but I need some help. Thanks in advance.
I would check the Vac. switch poly hose and see if it is dry rotten on the exhaust housing. If it is, snip off the end and reattach to nipple. Check the exhaust pipe for blockage,Then try starting it up again. Make sure you unplug the unit!!!

Thanks. I'll take a closer look at the Vac switch. I did take the hose off and it had some gunk in it that I tried to clean out. Maybe I didn't get the hose back on right.