Englander 25-puf problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Racer16j

Jan 11, 2018
Eastern
I’m having a problem with my auger. It keeps jamming up. Just put brand new gear box and motor on because last one crapped out. And also what the factory 3 magical settings for this stove?

Attachments

• 8E71C029-8B28-4467-A128-9D50B82B8DE9.jpeg
    8E71C029-8B28-4467-A128-9D50B82B8DE9.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 144
How old is the stove? When was the last time you cleaned the auger tube of fines? The pellets you are using are they long and hard to break?

How old is the stove? When was the last time you cleaned the auger tube of fines? The pellets you are using are they long and hard to break?
I clean the tube once a month. The pellets we got now a pretty long... maybe that’s the problem. The stove was built in 06.

mine has sounded like a garbage disposal at times with long pellets. the stove is in my office and I"m setting up graphics on the PC and all of a sudden you hear a squeak then snap startles the hell out of me.

Yea I’m thinking it may be the long pellets.... maybe I’ll break them up and try it. Mines get a buzzing noise almost and that’s it stays jammed. I was hand feeding pellets today and it would do it little help from some channel locks pliers and would run to the same exact spot and jam. Wondering if my brand new gear box it toast... motor still runs with the noise but auger won’t turn. What stove do you have?

Mine is a 25pdvc. Oh wow it probably took out the drive gear in the box or on the motor shaft. Take the auger off and try it while its not hooked up, if the shaft doesn’t turn your new auger is toast. Id get some diff pellets and pull the auger out and make sure there isn’t anything else stuck in the tube. When you put it back in it should spin by hand easily (no pellets)

The motor spins when it is jammed. The motor olms out good but the auger will run for a while than jam. Break it loose with a pair of channellocks it runs fine. Wonder if it jamming at the same position every time... it’s new auger motor and gear box. If I run it out of the stove it runs fine. I’ve checked it already. Switched brands of pellets twice since than. I also have a problem when it runs it will run fine for a while than it won’t burn right and pellets run up the shoot and shut off.... no error codes.

Then there is something your auger is catching on it should not stop at the exact same place all the time. Have you tried to turn it with the hopper empty?