Quadrafire didn't start with remote

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spaztictyper

New Member
Sep 7, 2026
11
Nova scotia
This is the 4th time the Quadrafire cb 1200 hasn't started by remote. I've replaced it with a variety of makes. The remote showed it on but it hadn't started. What am I missing here? I've had 2 Smart Stats and 2 cheapos. This last one was a Smart Stat. I'm lucky it was only 53 outside not 3. I'll be calling on a technician, but that will be a good couple of weeks. In the mean time I'll be keeping the heat pumps on back up. Any one had this problem? Not sure if I should be ordering another one. This is in the last year by the way. It started fine after I shut it off and restarted it both with changing the thermostat temp and manually. I didn't notice if the call light was on. Next time I'll check first. Last time it happened the call light was on. I clean it every day and only runs maybe 6 hours a day. The heat sensor is where it should be over the pot. It ran last night but failed I'm guessing around 5 am. Just an update, it started fine a couple hours later, so it wasn't a jammed up auger. I have to wait for a failure.
 
Last edited:
This problem continues to be confusing- I could understand if the remote is calling for heat (flame on), the red call light is on, and the stove just did not start, but we don't know if the red call light is on right? Is the issue the remote is not communicating with the receiver to turn the stove on, or is the stove receiving the order (call light is on) and not starting up... If the call light is actually on and the stove is not running, then something is amiss, hate to say it but it could be the control board on the stove. That stove normally runs when heat is called for or shut down due to heat not being called for, if all is working correctly.
 
Yup I hear you. It's been running fine since it happened. 3 weeks before a tech can come out. It's started 3 times since I found it this morning. Its only 5 feet away from the stove so it certainly wasn't a lose of signal. Just going to have to keep running it and hope it was a one time incident. I'll find out tomorrow morning. I do have heat pumps but they're a pain in the ass.
 
  • Like
Reactions: stovelark
Skytechs make nice remotes, been using 3301's for years with my gas stoves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Spaztictyper