Englander 25-PVDC Ignighter element?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
Question on a Englander 25-PVDC Ignighter element proper location in burn pot.

I know the element is located in the right rear of the burn pot in a hole, but my question is this.
Is the element supposed to stick out into the burn pot?
Mine is not and it is behind the metal plate in the burn pot not sticking out of the hole? (concerned ash will build up behind the burn pot) I would think it should be sticking out into the burn pot for good ignition?

thx.

Nope. It is where it is supposed to be. And works well there without getting a bunch of residue stuck to it that would insulate it and make it stop working.

Sounds good Brother Bart, I am looking foward to getting my first pellet stove going.

I had a Jotul # 3 wood stove in my last home (nice stove) and have a Stihl chain saw I do think is made in your state of VA.
We used to fire up an old Glenwood Parlor stove and an old Atlantic Kero oven/heater stove up in maine years ago... (those were the days)

Status
Not open for further replies.