Englander 25ep convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz

Jan 18, 2007
Pocono Mts, Pennsylvania
So tired of the noisey bearings in these Fasco motors. Back aways someone posted a company that sells a high quality bearing for these convection motors. It appears to be a standard motor for Englander, 3000 RPM #7121-1.1559E typeSJ-201100-81R02QJAA T,P, AO. That's about all the info on the nameplate. Thiird season of heating with it. So much for oilless sealed bearings, quality of the these are pretty poor. Any help with a bearing number would be appreciated.

Is this the blower? If so buy some electric motor oil I use "zoom spout" picked it up at granger put a few drop on the bearings and your good to go

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 168
Ok then I have the 25 pdv and figured they used the same blowers.. Mine is 1550 rpm convection and 3000 rpm combustion

After 2002 they upgrade the pdv to a larger blower.

Thanks Chris, but I tried oil and found it a temporary fix. Past posts had mentioned high quality quiet bearings bought from an online company.

I remember a thread discussing a bearing replacent but it never went into detail.
There was also a bit of talk about the newer model of this blower. 1tdp5
It is a ball bearing motor instead of sleeve bearing. Although you will notice it states "not recomended for speed control"
But there are posts on here that say it works fine for them. Pretty much they just dont like to be run very slow for what i researched on them. Half the price too.

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.c...er-131-cfm-2860-rpm-115v-60-50hz-2c610-4c442/

This blower has ball bearings. They just aren't a very high quality. Still hoping someone chimes in with a company and stock number of a better bbearing for this motor.

I replaced the bearings in mine. They are a 608 LB bearing. They are kind of a pain to change. The fan on the inside of the motor is a real pain to get off without screwing up. I had to make a puller to push it off in the center so I didn't bend the blades. Also when you put it back together you must make sure the case is really tight or it will vibrate and drive you crazy. If you are rebuilding a convection blower plug it in to a wall outlet and run it for a couple days. These motors have little horsepower and it will run slow and not move enough air at first. You don't want to soot everything up.

I just replaced my convection motor. too many pets. I was able to buy just the motor at Graingers for $65.00. bring in the old one and they can match it right up.

Thanks for the replies guys. I bought 608 bearings online but not impressed with the quality. Pshuman, if you could give me the part # of that convection motor , that would be great. I don't have a Graingers around locally. That is a 25EP you bought it for, right?

Reactions: Lake Girl
Try a company called timken. Most prices are high but they sell good stuff.

http://www.timken.com/en-us/Knowledge/engineers/Pages/SearchbyPartNumber.aspx

Timken, Koyo, Nachi, SKF, and Fag are the only bearings I use. They run anywhere from 5 bucks a piece and up. Stay away from bearings that are made in China, come in packs of 100 for 20 bucks, or don't have the above names printed on them, unless you like aggravation. Also, bearings require proper installation to ensure they have a long life. Too many times I've seen bearings installed by ham fisted butchers that didn't last long.

Last edited:
NTN is another Japanese bearing manufacturer, apparently second domestically to Koyo, but 608 bearings are manufactured in Taiwan. Bright side is they do have manufacturing plants for some of their products in the US. So does Timken, but 608 bearings are manufactured Taiwan too. SKF, a Swedish company, manufactures in 6 plants in India

One of the few purportedly still made in the USA is National Precision (NMB) : http://www.nationalprecision.com/ball-bearings/extra_small.php
Beware of knock-offs:rolleyes: they're everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.