Englander 25pdvc combustion blower noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Howdy,

Fired up the new to me stove tonight to take the chill off when I got home from work, and, as the stove was in startup a new noise appeared.

Coming from the area of the combustion blower motor I heard an intermittent "hiss..hiss..hiss.. " then "hisssssssss" continuously. It's almost as if it's coming from the brass looking shaft on the motor itself...

It's not too loud, not a squeal, but it's new and I know it's there..is it getting time for a new one?

As I sit here and listen this this thing.. It's almost more of a whine?

The shaft / bearings need oil, this is a classic sign. Get some 3 in 1 oil and oil the bearings, you will need to remove the blower from the stove to do the inner bearing, also, you will need to replace the gasket if you remove it from the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.