Englander 25PDVC Dirty Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnnyb1970

Apr 22, 2014
New Jersey (Northern)
Hi everyone I have a problem with my stove 2 weeks ago I replaced exhaust blower I purchase on Amazon - since last week the stove is running dirty the glass gets black and impeachment plate and right side of back wall is black - I change setting to 3-6-1 I also cleaned chimney out and gave stove a good cleaning - I am wondering if I should of bought blower from Englander came with gasket also
Thank you

What brand (or where did it come from) is the replacement blower? As long as everything (specs wise) is the same as the OEM, you should be fine. You may have to re-adjust since you now have a new blower, the old one may have been getting lazy.

how long is the burn before the glass turns black? I have the same stove ant if i run it bellow 5-4-1 it seems to burn dirtier. with mine it takes about 24 hours before the window starts to have dark ash on it

You should be OK with the pellet head purchase, not sure why you are seeing the black on the inside, but as I've mentioned in other threads, glass on the Englander's tend to soot up faster than others (never really bothered me, heat is still good). My guess would be to check the door & glass gaskets, you may have replaced a weak combustion fan & now you're drawing enough air to reveal a weak gasket somewhere else (or maybe the combustion blower gasket isn't sealing right & you're loosing draft there).