Englander 30 nc flue collar question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damifino said:
Why won't 6'' flue pipe fit on my englander 30 nc flue collar? Thanks for helping the mentaly handicap. :ahhh:

Because you need a stove adapter which sits between the stove outlet & the pipe.

What type & brand pipe are you using?

I have not purchased the pipe yet. Before I installed my 6" stainless liner I put the short stainless connector pipe up to the
stove and noticed it would not fit over the collar on my stove. I then took my stainless pipe to the store to buy my 24 guage
black flue pipe and try black pipe to my stainless but they were out of pipe till Monday but I tried a 6" black elbow and all
looked good. So as of right now I do not have any more information other then 6" 24 guage black flue pipe. But I never would have thought that the size would differ from one manufacturer to another. I am a plumber and we do not run into this situation.
In my stove manual it says I might need a adapter (part number AC-1677) but I can not find it on their website.
Any more information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

damifino said:
I have not purchased the pipe yet. Before I installed my 6" stainless liner I put the short stainless connector pipe up to the
stove and noticed it would not fit over the collar on my stove. I then took my stainless pipe to the store to buy my 24 guage
black flue pipe and try black pipe to my stainless but they were out of pipe till Monday but I tried a 6" black elbow and all
looked good. So as of right now I do not have any more information other then 6" 24 guage black flue pipe. But I never would have thought that the size would differ from one manufacturer to another. I am a plumber and we do not run into this situation.
In my stove manual it says I might need a adapter (part number AC-1677) but I can not find it on their website.
Any more information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Your pipe should go inside the collar not over. Am I reading this right?

But if you put crimped end into stove can't that allow risk of smoke leaking out because the ends are going wrong way at stove
or is the stove built to accept crimpted end? Or is it O.K. to stick crimped end in first if you use cement? Thank you all.

You always want the crimped ends of pipe pointed down. That is to allow any liquid creosote that might run back down to go into the stove instead of leaking out onto the surface of the pipe. The crimped end of the pipe goes into the flue collar. Before inserting it put a bead of furnace cement inside the flue collar for sealing purposes.

Brother Bart explained it perfectly, ALL the crimped ends go down, and the one at the stove INTO the stove outlet.

Just remember a flue system works by the chimney sucking the smoke out, not buy the stove pushing the air out.

Also you don't need furnace cement or sealant if you have draft. If you don't have draft the stove wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.