Englander 30 question..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2007
Chelmsford, Ma
Hey guys,What is the highest temp you should burn at? My Brother in law just bought a drolet insert and it says in his manual not to exceed temps of 840 degrees..I read the 30 manual and it doesnt say..i just go by my temp gauge and try to keep it under 650..what is a safe temp if you want to burn it hot and crank out the heat?
Thanks Frank

I run my 30 between 500-600. The stove just seems to cruise there and it is sufficient heat to keep this place toasty and it was 18 degrees here last night and never got out of the 30's yesterday. When temp in the house happens to get too low because we are gone too long we just lay on the couch in the room with the stove and wait for the rest of the house to catch up while we watch TV or cuss politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.