englander 30 vs englander 28-3500 furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jimmmyc

Dec 11, 2017
ny
i've used a 30 for about 4 years with pretty good success in the bitter upstate ny winters. anything below about 15degrees i had to use the oil furnace to get to about 72. picked up a 3500 furnace from hd on sale, cheap, in the spring. dont have it in the basement , just where the old 30 and some fan rigs were. have only a 90 degree bend blowing into the house out of the blower vent from an old porch(3200 sq ft 200 year old farmhouse) WHAT A DIFFERENCE! right now it's 19 degrees out and the house is 82. this thing will raise the temp 15 degrees in a half an hour with less than full load. know they switched to epa with tubes this year, but if it's anything like the predecessor, buy it. no comparison.. not a whole lot uglier than the 30 with all the fans i had hooked up and it's definitely no noisier, rarely have the fan on high with a variable speed control i hooked up

Makes perfect sense to me. A woodstove is a space heater. There is only so much it can do.

I'm happy to hear that you found your heater of choice! Everyone has there own set of hurdles so to speak when trying to heat a space like a house, in your case its an older but rather large farm house and you found what works best for you. Hopefully you an auxiliary power source incase you loose electric so you can keep on trucking.